Is the process of applying pigment to your lash line and is designed to create an effect of darker and fuller eyelashes. It gives a natural finished look and makes your eyes “pop”!
What to expect?
this a tattoo of your lash line, NOT the waterline nor the eyelid, but directly where your lashes grow. Some puffiness can be normal for right after and the following couple of days. Unless one has extremely sensitive eyes and they experience more than the usual puffiness or redness, it shouldn’t affect normal day-to-day activities.
We recommend on a week long of dry heal. Clearly, our eyes are naturally wet but just refrain from soaking your eyes area in water (shower/ bath/ swimming), avoid saunas, wearing eye makeup, applying moisturizer, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long it takes?
Each lash enhancement appointment takes 1.5-2hr and a smokey eye appointment takes about 3hr. We require two sessions to complete this tattoo and the second session will be scheduled in person for 6-8 weeks after.
How long it lasts?
A few years! It depends on your skin, sun exposure, beauty routine, etc… but usually lasts between 1-3 years before you need to come back for a little refresh.
Does it hurt?
Out of all the procedures we offer, usually clients say this is the least painful! We use lots of numbing and make sure our clients feel comfortable. With that being said, if you don’t feel comfortable with the thought of someone touching your eyes or know it is a sensitive area for you- this might not be the right procedure for you!
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE BOOKING:
- No fake lashes – they have to be removed at least 2 weeks prior to the appointment and can’t be put back on til 2 weeks after the touch up.
- No lash serums for at least one month before.
- No lash lifts/tints at least 10 days prior, and must wait 2 weeks after touch up.
- No Blepharitis (eyelid infection, usually caused by poor makeup removal habits and falsies).
- Eye surgery needs a min of 6 months before tattoo.
- But surgery on the actual eye itself needs a note from doctor.
AFTERCARE/WHAT TO EXPECT:
- We recommend on a dry healing method (until the scabs are gone – usually it takes about one week, might be longer for some, but generally about that time)
- day 1- may be some swelling by end of day. Clients may apply ice over a clean cloth, but not directly on skin.
- day 2- may be some swelling, but should go down by the end of this day or the next.
- day 3- skin may feel dry, this is normal. Light layer of coconut/grapeseed oil may be applied, but very carefully and not in excess.
- day 4 onward- continue to keep area dry and free of makeup/products until scabs are gone (no sauna, pools, sunbathing, do not peel scabs)
- Between appointments, be careful not to use creams/products that contain acids or ingredients that will lighten or exfoliate the skin.