Should be done immediately
– The tattooed area will appear darker and bolder, as well as more sharply defined. This will last up to a week.
– During the 6-8 week healing process, the tattoo will soften and lighten. Although the true colour will appear after atleast 6 weeks.
– Redness and swelling is usually minimal, and will disappear within 48 hours, in rare case it may reach 3 days.
– The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
– Make sure hands are washed thoroughly before touching tattooed area.
– Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area.
– Keep the tattooed area clean by rinsing with lukewarm water and patting dry with a disposable paper towel.
– While showering or bathing, avoid using any soaps or cleansers on the treated area for the first day as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilise in the dermis.
– Only use balm sold on the day of treatment for the following week.
– DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
– DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
– Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6 weeks later
– Colour is extremely dark during the first 5 to 7 days. 7 days later, it loses 40 to 50% intensity. If you think the colour i too dark, do not try and remove it yourself by no means. Patiently wait 7 days for colour to fade on its own after the healing of the skin