Mariam Sultani is Australia’s leading semi-permanent makeup artist, recognised for her exceptional services and signature technique. With a personalised approach, Mariam skilfully shapes brows, lips, eyeline and hairline to match the individual contours and structure of each client’s face, displaying her dedication to mastering the geometric art of SPMU artistry.
The majority of people experience minimal downtime. There is typically no swelling with the eyebrow treatments however this can vary from person to person depending on levels of sensitivity and treatment area. We recommend receiving your treatment a minimum of 14 days prior to an event to ensure sufficient healing time.
We are located in Double Bay, Sydney. Our address is 3 Knox Lane, Double Bay. Please remember all appointments are by appointment only.
Our Training Academy is located in Double Bay, Sydney. Our address is 3 Knox Lane, Double Bay.
We offer intimate Group Classes, Private 1:1 and Online training options. Head to our Education Page for further information.
Semi-permanent makeup including brow, eyeliner, hairline and lip makeup typically lasts around 12-18 months. At this point, the pigment will usually look faded, and a top-up will be required for you to maintain the look you want. We offer a discount for our returning clients to receive their yearly touch up!
Yes, we offer Saline Tattoo Removal treatments. Saline lightening is a method of lightening pigment from the skin using a simple saline solution. A machine is used to deposit the saline solution into the skin. The solution binds with the pigment, breaks them down and draws them out of the skin. We recommend a minimum of two sessions.
– Do not work out the day of the procedure.
– Do not tan or have sunburned face.
– Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or IBUprofen 24 hours before procedure.
– No alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
– No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
– Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
The Following treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
Botox and Filers
Fruit or Milk acids
Exposure to strong sunlight
DO’S & DONT’S
– Avoid getting the area wet for the first 5 days while your colour is bonding. This includes swimming pools, beach, steam rooms and saunas during the healing process (7-14 days).
– Avoid any exfoliants during the healing process (7-14 days)
– During the first 7 days all the creams (except for the protective one), all make-up (foundation) in the eyebrow area. Avoid workouts that involve a lot of sweating, sauna, facial massage and steaming inhalation.
– In the next 30 days: sunbathing, solarium, light therapies, chemical peelings, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors.
– Always avoid laser treatments over the treated area (fraxel laser, IPL), because they can destroy the pigment and cause burns.
– Use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to a faster pigment fading. Always protect the eyebrows from the sun with SPFs (not during the first 7 days)
WHAT TO EXPECT
– During the 6-8 week healing process, the tattoo will soften and lighten. Although the true colour will appear after atleast 6 weeks.
– Redness and swelling is usually minimal, and will disappear within 48 hours, in rare case it may reach 3 days.
– The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
– Make sure hands are washed thoroughly before touching tattooed area.
– Wash your hands thoroughly before touching the tattooed area.
– Keep the tattooed area clean by rinsing with lukewarm water and patting dry with a disposable paper towel.
– While showering or bathing, avoid using any soaps or cleansers on the treated area for the first day as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilise in the dermis.
– Only use balm sold on the day of treatment for the following week.
– DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared.
– Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
– DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
– Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6 weeks later
– Colour is extremely dark during the first 5 to 7 days. After 7 days later, the area will lose 40 to 50% colour intensity.
– Patiently wait 7 days for colour to fade on its own after the healing of the skin
Cosmetic eyebrow tattooing will save you time and frustration. Your brows look great twenty four hours a day and there is no need to draw your eyebrows on anymore. You can swim, sleep, perspire, have a sauna, play sport, wash your hair and it still look great.
Eyebrow feathering can benefit people who:
- Have over-plucked their eyebrow hair
- Have gaps or scars where the hair has not grown back
- Are suffering from Alopecia (hair loss), weak or light hair
- Want a particular shape for their eyebrows
This microblading method is perfectly suitable if client wants to correct current eyebrow shape, add volume to brows or fill in sparse areas. It is also suitable for clients with no eyebrow hairs, as we will create a new, beautiful, naturally looking brows. This treatment is ideal if client has suffered from cancer and due to chemo/radio therapy lost brow hairs or suffers from alopecia or other medical condition that resulted in eyebrow hair thinning or loss.
We use disposable needles and sterilisation of equipment as required.
Avoid getting the area wet for the first 5 days while your colour is bonding.
Avoid swimming pools, the beach, steam rooms and saunas during the healing process (7-14 days).
Avoid any exfoliants during the healing process (7-14 days)
During the first 7 days all the creams (except for the protective one), all make-up (foundation) in the eyebrow area. Avoid workouts that involve a lot of sweating, sauna, facial massage and steaming – inhalation.
In the next 30 days: Sunbathing, solarium, light therapies, chemical peelings, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors.
Always avoid laser treatments over the treated area (fraxel laser, IPL), because they can destroy the pigment and cause burns.
Use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to a faster pigment fading. Always protect the eyebrows from the sun with SPFs (not during the first 7 days).
The majority of people don’t need to take time off work. There is usually no swelling with the eyebrow treatments but this can vary from person to person depending on levels of sensitivity.